Updated: Jan 9, 2022
To be committed to a cause, there needs be a level of enjoyment which will encourage us to repetitively carry out the action until it’s a habit. To be quite honest, not everyone likes going to gym to break a sweat, going outside for runs and taking on competitive sport.
We all however, have an attraction to something which can connect us to being more active. Some people love walking their dogs, some people love being out in nature, or you may enjoy swimming. The point I am trying to make is that we have countless ways to adopt healthier lifestyle, staying fit.
Here are some ideas:
· Joining an exercise class
· Getting involved in an exercise program
· Spending more time with your kids, younger siblings
· Playing recreational sports
· Playing competitive sports
· Strength training (could take place anywhere)
· Doing household chores
· Using the stairs
· Walk your dog
· Couch to 5k
· Standing more at work
· Active commute to planned destinations (walking or cycling)
There’s countless more ideas out there. The cool thing about this is that it’s up entirely up to you to figure out what works best for you and your current lifestyle. This ensures an easier transition into you staying fit.
We are all in this together.